Lakeway, TX is found in Travis County and has a population of around 11,391. It's a suburb of Austin, which makes it a great place to live. Plenty of job opportunities are available, and there are some great schools for kids to attend, including the Lake Travis Elementary School, Serene Hills Elementary School, Hudson Bend Middle School, and Lake Travis High School. There are many families who choose to make the move to this beautiful city each year.
If you are just now moving into the area, then you are likely going to need to find a new doctor, mechanic, store to shop at, dentist, and so on. However, don't forget that you also need to find a professional and experienced AC repair tech to help you when your air conditioner breaks down! Summers here can be very uncomfortable without a functioning AC, and when your unit isn't working like it should, you need to have someone on your side who you can count on to be there for you to diagnose the problem and get it taken care of fast.
Taking care of most AC problems is a breeze for our company. However, when we are finished with the repair job, homeowners often ask us if there is anything they could have done to prevent the problem, or if there is anything they can do to prevent a broken AC in the future.
If you follow the tips listed below from Energy Star, you are sure to get the very most out of your cooling system:
1. Be sure to change your air filter often. During the summer, it's especially important to be sure that you are regularly changing your filter so that your air conditioner can run as efficiently as possible. An air filter can get dirty and clogged up with dust and debris. When this happens, it causes your HVAC unit to work much harder than it should to keep your family comfortable and cool. It is recommended at MINIMUM that you change your filter every 3 months, but it is much more ideal to change it at least once a month.
2. Schedule regular AC maintenance. During a tune up is when most problems can be found early on before they turn into a disaster. During a maintenance check, professionals will be able to inspect all working elements of your system to be sure that everything is working like it should. It is recommended that you get your AC tuned up at least once per year.
3. Have a programmable thermostat installed. This can help you to make the most out of pre-programmed settings which can help you to save nearly $200 a year in energy costs. Also, this prevents your unit from working hard when nobody is home to keep cool. It will help your system to run as efficiently as possible, and it will also help to prevent unnecessary wear and tear of parts.
4. Have your heating and cooling ducts sealed. This will help to prevent air leaks and loss from your cooling system. This means that your unit won't need to work as hard to keep your family cool on those sizzling summer days that you are definitely going to experience here in Lakeway!
5. When something doesn't seem "right" with the unit, don't try to DIY the repair work. Be sure that you get in touch with a professional in your area to take care of both the diagnostic and repair work. You'll be glad that you did!
Give us a call today to schedule an appointment for repair work in your home. We look forward to talking with you soon!
Other Towns Nearby That We Service
Austin, Kyle, Cedar Park, Leander, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Barton Creek, Bastrop, Brushy Creek, Buda, Dripping Springs, Georgetown, Hudson Bend, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lost Creek, Manor, Rollingwood, San Marcos, Shady Hollow, The Hills, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Wimberley, Windemere, Woodcreek, Wyldwood